The oldest remaining docks in Belfast Harbour are the Clarendon dry docks, built in the 1800s, by Belfast’s first commercial shipbuilder, William Ritchie. He originally set his shipyard up at the Old Lime Kiln Dock (where Corporation St is now) but Ritchie needed a dry dock so Belfast Harbour agreed to build a dock which Ritchie built himself, completing it in 1800. Known as Ritchie’s Dock for years, it was later renamed Clarendon Dock No 1. The second Clarendon Dock was completed in 1826. The Victorian dry docks are no longer used but remain an important link to Belfast’s maritime past.